Friday, April 26, 2013

Corn Fest 2013

Here's some photos of corn festival this past weekend. I rolled in late Friday night to meet the boys from billings in secret city. Dugan (my high school buddy), Swainer, and Freddy. We had a couple beers and fired up Freddy's snocat for a midnight ride. We skied two laps by moonlight down daisy pass road, in dumping conditions.

I woke in the back of my truck, foggy, to the early morning roar of snowmobiles firing up for the day's adventures. After breakfast we gassed up the cat, Ryan jumped in, and we headed for lulu pass road. After a couple beers swainer tandamed me up Rob's knob for a lap of freshies. After another lap and a few beers at the base party area, local ripper Joe showed us the famous pillow lines of goose creek. A spectacular run, we returned to the party in full on whiteout conditions. Thanks to Joe for showing us the way, we would have otherwise likely ended up in Yellowstone.

Back at the party we were pleased to find free beer and brats courtesy of big sky brewing. Thanks guys you rock!

After more beers we rallied towards daisy pass. Swainer graciously let me play on his 2013 800 xp, sick! Rallying the pow takes some getting used too but is super fun. I'm now plotting on how to get a sled of my own.

We were stopped by a SAR dude requesting we aid in a rescue. We waited a while, then Swainer went up to check on that group. Turns out they did not need help from the cat, you're welcome anyways. After soaking up the last rays of sunshine, we hoped in the cat and returned to town. I said my goodbyes. Driving through Yellowstone on the way home I saw beautiful sunset, plenty of bison, numerous elk, and two wolves!

I rolled into Bozeman late, barely staying awake to cuddle with my beautiful wife :-).

Great trip, thanks boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment